Moulsham Mill - a landmark Grade II listed building, has a long history with a mill recorded on this site in the Domesday Book. The existing timber building dates back to 1819 - with substantial repairs carried out in 1860, and brick built extensions added in 1890.
Originally functioning as a watermill, the Mill was converted to steam operation in the middle of the nineteenth century. Messrs W H Marriage & Sons, a local Chelmsford based family business, operated the Mill for 200 years until its closure in 1971.
Following a period of disuse the buildings were renovated and re-purposed during the 1980’s. Moulsham Mill continues to be owned by the Marriage family.